Over the past several weeks, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the “Things You Don’t Know About Me” posts on Facebook. It has been so much fun getting to know people on a more personal level.
I honestly found myself logging into Facebook just to see if anyone else had posted on this topic.
In case you are not aware of what I am talking about, there was a challenge on Facebook for people to post some random facts about themselves; things other people may not have been aware of.
It has been a viral hit and one of the few I have really enjoyed.
In fact, I loved it so much, it kind of got me thinking…what if we were to use the same format to launch, “The Top 10 Things I am Grateful for in My Life.” After all, it is the Thanksgiving season…a time to express gratitude.
To express gratitude is really tapping into a source of happiness in your life. It allows you to see the blessings bestowed upon you, as opposed to always focusing on the negative and the things you do not have.
Many people who express gratitude on a daily basis are reported to feel happier, healthier and more energetic. Could these really be the benefits of living a more positive life?
Why not give it a try!
So in honor of Thanksgiving, and to hopefully spread this holiday message and cheer, today I am grateful for:
- The imperfections of my children. They have allowed me to grow as a mother and to look at the world of parenting with both a realistic and a sympathetic eye.
- The tolerance of my husband. I am not always the easiest person to live with but he does it with grace and love.
- Starting my own company. It has taken me into the unknown and developed a platform to push me out of my comfort zone. The growth has been remarkable.
- The community I live in. I am so blessed to have such amazing friends who are always there to share in this crazy journey we call parenting.
- My snuggle-buggle animals. They bring me so much joy and companionship into my life. They make me smile.
- The dust bunnies, laundry pile ups, and dirty toilets. They remind me that I am on the right track with putting my energy into my kids.
- The fact that I no longer live behind the success stories of my children, and I have indeed began to create my own success.
- My parents and my in-laws. They have been such an important part of our family and incredible role models to my kids.
- For the decision to make education priority in my house. I am pleased to be able to give my children a gift they will take into adulthood.
- Clearing the negativity and drama from my life. I have surrounded myself with people who love and support me for who I am without judgment.
So, here’s my challenge – Today I listed the top 10 reasons I am grateful for my life. Share this post and create your own list of gratitude. Let’s make others realize how important it is to count their blessings. Let’s work together to get back to the basics of what this Thanksgiving holiday truly represents.
PS. Sometimes our greatest blessings are not so obvious at first – it takes time to come to fruition. Have you ever experienced this?